- 961,694 visits
Currently most popular:
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- Re-discovering Narnia and rinsing out stale thinking about Christianity
- The truth about Jury Service
- What age should you let your child watch or play a ‘12’ rated film or game?
- When helping the homeless doesn't help (full article)
- How should we respond to people begging?
- Bono on the difference between Grace and Karma
- Introduction and key themes of the Amos course
- 'Proper Confidence in the Gospel': the theology of Lesslie Newbigin
- Why Christians should be involved in politics
Use a keyword to search
Tag Archives: West London Mission
‘It has saved me from a whole heap of misery’: one night sleeping rough to help bring others in from the cold
On Friday night, 40 people slept outside on cardboard in the churchyard of St James’ Church Piccadilly in central London. I was there, along with my Mum (75), son (13), daughter (8), as well as my brother and two nieces. It was noisy … Continue reading
I live in Streatham, a residential area in south London and every day I walk the short distance to my local train station to go to work. Last week, just near the station, I saw a man huddled up, sleeping … Continue reading
Dear R&R friends, Thanks for reading R&R this year. I continue to be encouraged by the growth of interest and from the comments and messages I receive via this blog. So far this year over 140,000 different people have visited the site. … Continue reading
“The homeless? Aren’t they the people you step over when you come out of the opera?” – politics and rough sleeping
I left school in 1990 and got a job as a cleaner in central London. This involved being on the Strand, by Charing Cross Station, at 7.00am. The extent of the rough sleeping at that time was truly incredible. There … Continue reading
For most of my life I have experienced a soft comfortable bed to sleep in and a warm centrally heated bedroom. I have never considered it a luxury. However, a few weeks ago I decided to join my son and … Continue reading