- 966,920 visits
Currently most popular:
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- Bono on the difference between Grace and Karma
- The truth about Jury Service
- When helping the homeless doesn't help (full article)
- Introduction and key themes of the Amos course
- God does not have a mission for his church
- How should we respond to people begging?
- 'There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there is nothing we can do to make God love us less'
- Why Christians should be involved in politics
- A review of The Poverty and Justice Bible
Use a keyword to search
Tag Archives: Tearfund
Anna Chilvers manages Tearfund’s emergency programme in the Juba area of South Sudan. Here she talks about not only their response, but more strikingly the response of local people and churches. Radical sharing The assessment we did in Katigiri (100km west … Continue reading
Five days on five quid. What would you spend it on? Last year I took up the Live Below the Line challenge, living on porridge made with water, lentil dhal and potatoes. Here’s what I discovered: 1. The less you … Continue reading
“Because of our Welfare State, it’s hard in the UK for the Church to find social needs to respond to,” explained the young man to the group of European Christian leaders. “The local homeless project has asked members of the … Continue reading
I work in a boarding school where the fees are nearly £28,000 pa (or only £19,000 if you come as a day pupil). “It’s not the real world”, some would say. But they are wrong. This is a part of the … Continue reading
Fighting in the Congo between the ‘M23’ rebels and FARDC government troops reached Goma on the border with Rwanda today. The city of almost 400,000 people, almost the size of Bristol, has so far escaped direct fighting. Hundreds of thousands … Continue reading