- 1,039,128 visits so far
Currently most popular:
- Rev. Curry's sermon summed up why I am a Christian
- The nonsense surrounding weddings undermine marriage
- Introduction and key themes of the Amos course
- When helping the homeless doesn't help (full article)
- The political naivety of evangelical Christians – by Matthew Rhodes
- The truth about Jury Service
- An atheist’s encounter with Rob Bell - by Ronnie Stockton
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- What are the best ways of helping people?
- What age should you let your child watch or play a ‘12’ rated film or game?
Use a keyword to search
Tag Archives: Tax
It is nice when issues of religion and politics can be kept apart. Religion is unsullied by worldly concerns. Going to church can be an inspiring escape from reality. We can focus purely on God and listening to the Holy Spirit. … Continue reading
Tax collectors had a pretty bad name in New Testament times. And perhaps rightly so. At the time, taxation represented subordination and injustice – collected by a Roman regime stripping wealth from the territories they occupied to fund the machinery … Continue reading
Along with thousands of others I’m participating in a boycott (is abstention a better word?!) from Facebook today for one day to highlight their UK tax dodging. Facebook earned £175,000,000 in advertising sales in the UK in 2011, they paid … Continue reading
George Osborne has said that he wants to cut benefits by a further £10bn in the next five years on top of the £18bn already announced. He singled out Housing Benefit for special treatment, slamming people claiming it for having … Continue reading
This is a guest post written by Jonathan Chilvers. Jonathan leads a homeless project and is part of Jubilee Church Leamington. He takes care to consistently contravene the ‘no religion or politics’ rule at dinner table wherever he goes. Last … Continue reading