- 960,107 visits
Currently most popular:
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- Inspirational but OTT: review of 'Dirty Glory' by Pete Greig
- The truth about Jury Service
- How should we respond to people begging?
- The five best books on Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement
- 'There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there is nothing we can do to make God love us less'
- Bono on the difference between Grace and Karma
- '12 Years a Slave' and the ambivalent role of religion
- Introduction and key themes of the Amos course
- God does not have a mission for his church
Use a keyword to search
Tag Archives: Riots
This story was told at my church a few weeks ago: “Elephant herds are formed of an intrictate social web of the extended family. Two or three generations of parents and cousins all play their part – it really does … Continue reading →
One of the key investigations into the causes of the Summer riots is due to publish it’s findings tomorrow. The report of The Riots, Communities and Victims Panel is important as its remit was to give a voice to the communities and victims … Continue reading →
Many of the people I have spoken to in recent days, whether religious or not, acknowledge that there is something spiritual about the destructive chaos that we have seen unleashed. The meaninglessness of the riots speak of problems with deeper roots than … Continue reading →
It’s very difficult talking about the reasons for riots during or immediately after they have happened. People who blame things like poverty, racism, alienation, or the classic ‘there is nothing for the kids to do around here’ sound like they … Continue reading →