- 1,043,847 visits so far
Currently most popular:
- 'There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there is nothing we can do to make God love us less'
- Refugees - a poem by Brian Bilston
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- What age should you let your child watch or play a ‘12’ rated film or game?
- Beauty arising from the ashes of despair - by James Mercer
- Bono on the difference between Grace and Karma
- Introduction and key themes of the Amos course
- The truth about Jury Service
- The five best books on Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement
- The Amos course
Use a keyword to search
Tag Archives: Pope Francis
Last month I was fortunate enough to be part of a group undertaking an Ignatian Pilgrimage of Rome. Before joining them, however, I had decided to spend a couple of days by myself in Assisi. ‘Francis effect’ I have been … Continue reading
This week I was at a church in central London, talking with the minister when a man came to the door asking for help. He explained that he was not from London but his wife had just been discharged from … Continue reading
Across the broad spectrum of Christian culture, one characteristic is shared by almost all traditions: the church uses a lot of words. Hymns, Bible readings, sermons, liturgy and prayers are saturated in words. And the internet is crammed full of blogs (like the … Continue reading
Recently I was talking with someone who was brought up a Catholic but it now an atheist. Although he has rejected the church of his upbringing, he was fascinated and excited by the approach of Pope Francis. It was just one example … Continue reading