- 1,050,295 visits so far
Currently most popular:
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- 'There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there is nothing we can do to make God love us less'
- The truth about Jury Service
- Bono on the difference between Grace and Karma
- The five best books on Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement
- How I became a Christian - by Andrew Ryland
- A review of The Poverty and Justice Bible
- '12 Years a Slave' and the ambivalent role of religion
- How should we respond to people begging?
- Introduction and key themes of the Amos course
Use a keyword to search
Tag Archives: Martin Luther King
On April 4th, I attended two events which marked the 50th Anniversary of the assassination of Martin Luther King. The first was a packed, lunchtime service at Westminster Abbey, just over the road from Parliament. The second was a rare … Continue reading
This week a Church of England report was published called ‘Talking Jesus’. One finding of this report, highlighted by The Guardian, is that when Christians talk to others about Jesus, it is more likely to turn them off than attract them. So how can Christians … Continue reading
The hacking of the Ashley Madison infidelity website by the Impact Team continues to be a major global news story. Today it was announced that Noel Biderman, the CEO and founder of the website has stepped down from his role. … Continue reading
Every day around 100 homeless people come to the day centre run by the West London Mission for a hot breakfast, showers, clothing or to see our in-house doctor or nurse. Every Tuesday a Spirituality Discussion group takes place in the … Continue reading
Few people have integrated activism, theology and personal commitment in such an inspiring way as Martin Luther King. ‘Selma’ is the first major feature film made about King. It focuses on his campaign in Selma, Alabama in 1965, where the restrictions and … Continue reading
I have been taken aback a bit by the response to my last post was on the Secularisation of Martin Luther King. A few people who have got in touch admitted that they did not even know MLK was a Christian, … Continue reading
Martin Luther King remains a hero to a wide range of people. But alongside the appreciation of his life and work, there is a consistent tendency of commentators to downplay or eliminate the Christian faith that King’s civil right’s activism was rooted in. … Continue reading