- 1,005,912 visits
Currently most popular:
- Bono on the difference between Grace and Karma
- 'Do not be afraid' is at the heart of the Christmas story
- Introduction and key themes of the Amos course
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- How should we respond to people begging?
- The truth about Jury Service
- 'There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there is nothing we can do to make God love us less'
- '12 Years a Slave' and the ambivalent role of religion
- The five best books on Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement
- What age should you let your child watch or play a ‘12’ rated film or game?
Use a keyword to search
Tag Archives: Lent
Mammon is money or possessions when they are enthroned. The author says there is nothing wrong with money in itself, but when it exercises supreme power (is enthroned) it becomes mammon: evil, destructive and dangerous. A Foreword commending the book … Continue reading
Over the last year, I have written about busyness being the enemy of spirituality and reflected on my son’s feedback that I am a nicer person without my iPhone. But do I really believe in what I am writing? It … Continue reading
“Because of our Welfare State, it’s hard in the UK for the Church to find social needs to respond to,” explained the young man to the group of European Christian leaders. “The local homeless project has asked members of the … Continue reading
With Easter fast on its way (the Creme Eggs have been on the shelves since before Christmas), many of us will be marking the Lent period by giving up something which we feel we would struggle to live without. My … Continue reading
The vicar of All Saints Church in Hove, Father Phil Ritchie, hit the headlines The Daily Mail and The Sun this weekend when he made these comments to his local paper: ‘The problem with the church is that we stay inside … Continue reading
‘Man does not live on bread alone.’ Jesus ‘Is there anything a donut cannot do?’ Homer Simpson Although I believe there is more to life than food, Homer’s words speak to my soul. Not only do I love a crispy … Continue reading
How often do you hear people make comments like: ‘I’m so busy’ or ‘It’s been a crazy week’ or ‘I just don’t know how I am going to get everything done’. Being honest, I find myself saying things like this all … Continue reading