- 1,023,565 visits
Currently most popular:
- Cheap grace: theology which fails to safeguard the vulnerable
- What age should you let your child watch or play a ‘12’ rated film or game?
- The five best books on Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- Introduction and key themes of the Amos course
- Bono on the difference between Grace and Karma
- The truth about Jury Service
- When helping the homeless doesn't help (full article)
- '12 Years a Slave' and the ambivalent role of religion
- How should we respond to people begging?
Use a keyword to search
Tag Archives: Ken Loach
This week I was invited to an event at Parliament to mark the 50th anniversary of the famous film Cathy Come Home in the company of MPs and its director Ken Loach. In 1966, it was watched by over 12 million … Continue reading
In 1967, Ken Loach’s film Cathy Come Home was a seminal moment in the national consciousness about homelessness. The film led directly to the formation of the national housing charity Shelter. I, Daniel Blake is a Cathy Come Home for our times. Loach has … Continue reading