- 1,022,639 visits
Currently most popular:
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- Introduction and key themes of the Amos course
- 'There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there is nothing we can do to make God love us less'
- Bono on the difference between Grace and Karma
- When helping the homeless doesn't help (full article)
- Refugees - a poem by Brian Bilston
- Homelessness: have we lost our Christianity in our caring? 24th April, central London
- '12 Years a Slave' and the ambivalent role of religion
- The truth about Jury Service
- What age should you let your child watch or play a ‘12’ rated film or game?
Use a keyword to search
Tag Archives: Justin Welby
Mammon is money or possessions when they are enthroned. The author says there is nothing wrong with money in itself, but when it exercises supreme power (is enthroned) it becomes mammon: evil, destructive and dangerous. A Foreword commending the book … Continue reading
Last week I went to a lecture given by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, at Lambeth Palace. Since becoming the C of E’s top man, Welby has caught the public’s imagination and headlines through his attacks on pay day … Continue reading
Some Christians might be delighted that today’s front page headline in Britain’s most popular newspaper is a direct quote from Paul’s Letter to the Romans. But the article titled ‘Wages of Sin’ highlights the Church of England’s inconsistency in simultaneously … Continue reading
These are exciting times for the Church of England. The appointment of Justin Welby to be the next Archbishop of Canterbury has been met with considerable enthusiasm across the Church. There is a desire to reflect his optimistic vision for … Continue reading