- 973,545 visits
Currently most popular:
- Abuse, collusion and cover-up in the C of E - by Stephen Kuhrt
- The truth about Jury Service
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- Bono on the difference between Grace and Karma
- How should we respond to people begging?
- 'There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there is nothing we can do to make God love us less'
- Introduction and key themes of the Amos course
- 'Do not be afraid' is at the heart of the Christmas story
- When helping the homeless doesn't help (full article)
- Why Christians should be involved in politics
Use a keyword to search
Tag Archives: John Bunyan
John Bunyan lived in a time of political turmoil. The Puritan Commonwealth, which ran the country following the overthrow of Charles I, had collapsed. The monarchy had been restored. And the new regime was not favourable to Christians who dissented from … Continue reading
Recently I read John Bunyan’s classic tale Pilgrim’s Progress. Published in 1678, like some of the most powerful Christian writings (e.g. MLK’s Letter from a Birmingham Jail, Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s Letters from Prison and Paul’s Letter to the Philippians) it is a … Continue reading