- 1,047,154 visits so far
Currently most popular:
- Bono on the difference between Grace and Karma
- 'There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there is nothing we can do to make God love us less'
- Chalke and cheese: Oasis and the Evangelical Alliance
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- The truth about Jury Service
- What age should you let your child watch or play a ‘12’ rated film or game?
- Refugees - a poem by Brian Bilston
- Introduction and key themes of the Amos course
- Robin Hood ethics: should I rob the rich to feed the poor? - by John Bavington
Use a keyword to search
Tag Archives: Jim Wallis
This is the text of a speech given by Shawn Bawulski at the Phoenix Black Lives Matter rally against hate this week. It is re-produced with permission. I’m honoured to be speaking at this rally against hate. I speak today as a … Continue reading
It feels like we live in a world which is gripped by crisis, suffering and uncertainty. The horrors of IS in Iraq and Syria. The unending cycles of violence and retribution in Israel and Palestine. The human catastrophe of Ebola. Closer to home … Continue reading
A major report ‘Emergency Use Only‘ was published yesterday by the Church of England, Oxfam and the Trussell Trust. It outlines the reality of Food bank Britain: Those receiving emergency food from food banks rose from 128,697 in 2011-12 to 913,138 in 2013-14. Many … Continue reading
Despite the continuing power of the theological tribalism within the Church (see When Two Tribes Go to War) something exciting is happening which is subverting and challenging these divisions. In my work alongside a wide range of different Christian traditions, I am conscious every … Continue reading
Over the last 10 years, through both my work with homeless people and in community development, I have worked with a wide range of different churches and with Christians who hold very different theological perspectives. Despite some encouraging signs around Christian … Continue reading