- 961,694 visits
Currently most popular:
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- Re-discovering Narnia and rinsing out stale thinking about Christianity
- The truth about Jury Service
- What age should you let your child watch or play a ‘12’ rated film or game?
- When helping the homeless doesn't help (full article)
- How should we respond to people begging?
- Bono on the difference between Grace and Karma
- Introduction and key themes of the Amos course
- 'Proper Confidence in the Gospel': the theology of Lesslie Newbigin
- Why Christians should be involved in politics
Use a keyword to search
Tag Archives: Jim Wallis
It feels like we live in a world which is gripped by crisis, suffering and uncertainty. The horrors of IS in Iraq and Syria. The unending cycles of violence and retribution in Israel and Palestine. The human catastrophe of Ebola. Closer to home … Continue reading
A major report ‘Emergency Use Only‘ was published yesterday by the Church of England, Oxfam and the Trussell Trust. It outlines the reality of Food bank Britain: Those receiving emergency food from food banks rose from 128,697 in 2011-12 to 913,138 in 2013-14. Many … Continue reading
Despite the continuing power of the theological tribalism within the Church (see When Two Tribes Go to War) something exciting is happening which is subverting and challenging these divisions. In my work alongside a wide range of different Christian traditions, I am conscious every … Continue reading
Over the last 10 years, through both my work with homeless people and in community development, I have worked with a wide range of different churches and with Christians who hold very different theological perspectives. Despite some encouraging signs around Christian … Continue reading