- 1,058,047 visits so far
Currently most popular:
- What age should you let your child watch or play a ‘12’ rated film or game?
- "The homeless? Aren’t they the people you step over when you come out of the opera?" - politics and rough sleeping
- 'There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there is nothing we can do to make God love us less'
- Bono on the difference between Grace and Karma
- Refugees - a poem by Brian Bilston
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- Is war a necessary evil? - by Danny Kuhrt (aged 11)
- '12 Years a Slave' and the ambivalent role of religion
- Royal wedding sermon: stop the internal church critique and use the opportunity
- The truth about Jury Service
Use a keyword to search
Tag Archives: Jesus
Post-truth was chosen as the Oxford Dictionaries Word of the Year 2016. It’s a word which has sprung into prominence mainly due to Donald Trump’s election win. I heard a good example the other day on the radio when a US political … Continue reading
There are plenty of reasons why Christianity, especially in Western countries, is perceived as a religion of the rich and powerful. Over the last two thousand years, a huge amount of unhelpful cultural and historical baggage has accumulated around Christianity. The best … Continue reading
Last week I went to a lecture given by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, at Lambeth Palace. Since becoming the C of E’s top man, Welby has caught the public’s imagination and headlines through his attacks on pay day … Continue reading
Quite rightly, there has been an outcry over the latest bit of propaganda issued by the Guardian-readers-at-prayer otherwise known as the Church of England Bishops. Their ‘pastoral letter’ issued yesterday ahead of the election was a thinly-veiled support for the left-wing … Continue reading
A few years ago one of my children was very worried about something, so I suggested that we pray together about it. We had talked a few times about how often the Bible says ‘Do not be afraid’ so we … Continue reading
As the incarnation of progressive politics, Christ would be taking a stand against every evil, from the arms trade to Ukip. The Church of England needs to do the same The Church of England has just announced that Libby Lane … Continue reading
‘He was a nuisance then’ said Braddock ‘and he’s a nuisance now. He won’t let you work out cosy little systems and call ’em “churches”, and he won’t let you get away with having four meetings a week to discuss what … Continue reading
Advent is supposed to be a time of waiting and anticipation. A time to pause and prepare for the celebration of Christmas. If I am honest, for me it is far more likely to be a time smothered with extra busyness, … Continue reading