- 1,023,563 visits
Currently most popular:
- Cheap grace: theology which fails to safeguard the vulnerable
- What age should you let your child watch or play a ‘12’ rated film or game?
- The five best books on Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement
- Introduction and key themes of the Amos course
- Bono on the difference between Grace and Karma
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- The truth about Jury Service
- When helping the homeless doesn't help (full article)
- '12 Years a Slave' and the ambivalent role of religion
- How should we respond to people begging?
Use a keyword to search
Tag Archives: Islam
Land of the Nile, pyramids, the Valley of the Kings, a centre of early Christianity; Egypt well deserves its status as ‘a cradle of civilisation’. But its glories do not all lie in its past. Its fast growing, population of … Continue reading
Last night I was with a group of volunteers who have been running a night shelter for homeless people over the last eight months. They come from 13 different churches and a local synagogue in central London. As well as … Continue reading
Ashers Baking Co. in Northern Ireland were taken to court for refusing to decorate a cake with the words “Support Gay Marriage” because it went against their Christian beliefs. The judge ruled this was discriminatory and Ashers lost. With this ‘progressive’ … Continue reading
I love Christmas. This year we assembled and lit our tree. On Christmas day my Jewish friend came over with her son and we did a gift exchange and had a great brunch. There is no way we forget to … Continue reading
I was deeply troubled by the news of the killings of journalists at Charlie Hebdo, France’s beloved satirical newspaper, by two French Muslim brothers of Algerian descent, Chérif and Saïd Kouachi. I’ve been haunted by footage I saw of these … Continue reading
My next door neighbour is a devout Muslim and he is the best neighbour that it is possible to have. He recently replaced the fence between our gardens. Not only did he refuse to accept any contribution from us for the cost of … Continue reading
Since the UK decided to join other Western countries in airstrikes against the so-called Islamic State (IS), many Christians have been wrestling with whether this decision was the right one. One question is whether bombing is morally justifiable. Another is … Continue reading
The extremist Muslim terrorist organisation Islamic State (formerly ISIS) recently captured Nineveh in northern Iraq. The atrocities they have since committed there led me to revisit this ancient story… The word of Yahweh came to Jonah the Jew. “Go to … Continue reading