- 1,054,999 visits so far
Currently most popular:
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- What age should you let your child watch or play a ‘12’ rated film or game?
- Refugees - a poem by Brian Bilston
- Bono on the difference between Grace and Karma
- Introduction and key themes of the Amos course
- Lost and Found: Faith and spirituality in the lives of homeless people - by Carwyn Gravell [review]
- How should we respond to people begging?
- 'There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there is nothing we can do to make God love us less'
- The truth about Jury Service
- When helping the homeless doesn't help (full article)
Use a keyword to search
Tag Archives: Homeless theology
Christian distinctiveness in helping people who are homeless Many churches acknowledge the importance of helping people who are homeless. Nationwide there are over 100 Night Shelter networks and churches make up the vast majority of the venues. Also many of … Continue reading
This weekend, I was on the BBC1 programme Sunday Morning Live (see on BBC iPlayer, 24 mins in) discussing homelessness and begging. I was on the programme because I disagree with the view of journalist Matt Broomfield who believes people should give ‘directly … Continue reading
My daughter and I have just got back from WLM’s Sleep Out held last night in the grounds of St James’ Church, Piccadilly. It was an uplifting evening. 82 supporters gave up their bed for the night to sleep out and … Continue reading
My recent article on Why Pope Francis is wrong about begging was re-posted on the popular Christian blog Psephizo and a number of church leaders commented on the challenge that this issue poses for them. It again reminded me of … Continue reading
This week I was at a church in central London, talking with the minister when a man came to the door asking for help. He explained that he was not from London but his wife had just been discharged from … Continue reading
A few years ago, I was on the south bank in London, near Waterloo station, and I got talking with a homeless man called Richard. He had approached me asking for money. He was in a bad state. He showed … Continue reading
The annual service to commemorate homeless people who have died in the past year was held today at packed St Martins-in-the-Fields church, central London. As part of the service, The Choir with No Name and Streetwise Opera performed songs … Continue reading
One of my favourite parts of my job is when I am asked to facilitate the spirituality discussion group at West London Mission’s Day Centre for homeless people. We see around a hundred rough sleepers every day who come in for breakfasts, showers, … Continue reading