- 1,023,563 visits
Currently most popular:
- Cheap grace: theology which fails to safeguard the vulnerable
- What age should you let your child watch or play a ‘12’ rated film or game?
- The five best books on Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement
- Introduction and key themes of the Amos course
- Bono on the difference between Grace and Karma
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- The truth about Jury Service
- When helping the homeless doesn't help (full article)
- '12 Years a Slave' and the ambivalent role of religion
- How should we respond to people begging?
Use a keyword to search
Tag Archives: Greenbelt
For some people the annual Greenbelt festival, with its blend of music, arts, justice and spirituality, is an article of their faith. It provokes a fierce devotion in those who would never dream of being anywhere else on the August Bank Holiday … Continue reading
I have just had a great summer. From a youth camp in Devon, to the anti-fracking protest camp at Balcombe and then onto the Greenbelt festival I participated in three very different communities. It wasn’t a relaxing holiday, more the … Continue reading
I got an email the other day from a good friend who I have not seen for a while asking me about my summer. He is not a Christian but he knows a lot of people who are, and he asked me … Continue reading
If you were in the Cheltenham area on Saturday then you would have witnessed a downpour of rain which was almost Old Testament in its proportions. The racecourse with its 20,000 campers was almost submerged; Greenbelt became Mud-belt and the … Continue reading
The Greenbelt festival got off to a bad start for me as I rather unwisely told my two boys (Danny, 8 and Tom, 6) to ‘go and explore the site’ while we put up the tent. Three hours later I began … Continue reading
I am at the Greenbelt festival this weekend and I am speaking in a debate on the following motion: ‘This house believes that giving money to people begging does more harm than good’. I’ll let you guess whether I am speaking … Continue reading