- 1,044,458 visits so far
Currently most popular:
- Refugees - a poem by Brian Bilston
- 'There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there is nothing we can do to make God love us less'
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- Bono on the difference between Grace and Karma
- How should we respond to people begging?
- Introduction and key themes of the Amos course
- Why Christians should be involved in politics
- The truth about Jury Service
- Cranmer and the toxic nature of anonymous blogging
- The five best books on Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement
Use a keyword to search
Tag Archives: End Hunger Fast
This Wednesday, the Bishop of Oxford, John Pritchard went with Rev Keith Hebden to deliver a letter to David Cameron’s constituency office in Witney. The letter, signed by 46 Bishops and over 600 Church leaders, called the government to take … Continue reading
Make a stand this Wednesday against food poverty: join the End Hunger Fast Vigil, 6.00 – 8.00pm, Westminster
“Any religion that professes to be concerned about the souls of men and is not concerned with the slums that damn them, the economic conditions which strangle them, and the social conditions that cripple them is a dry-as-dust religion. Such … Continue reading
Friday 4th April is the National Day of Fasting. I want to encourage anyone who is reading this to join the fast and stand with those experiencing hunger in the UK today. In the last few weeks, End Hunger Fast … Continue reading
I see Lent as an opportunity to realign ourselves. A time to re-commit to an integrity between who we are on the outside and who we are on the inside. To seek a wholeness between the person that we present for … Continue reading
It has been an important week for issues of faith and social justice. On Tuesday, the Christians on the Left Summit debated how the church’s social action, such as Foodbanks and homeless shelters, connects to campaigning for social justice. To use … Continue reading
This is the text of a letter published today by over 40 senior Church leaders in The Daily Mirror to mark the launch of the End Hunger Fast campaign. It has been covered in the National News on both BBC … Continue reading
Half a million people used food banks in the last year in the UK. Charitable support programmes are rapidly expanding but nonetheless a quarter of families are shrinking portion sizes. 5,500 people were admitted to hospital for malnutrition last year. The … Continue reading