- 1,005,908 visits
Currently most popular:
- Bono on the difference between Grace and Karma
- 'Do not be afraid' is at the heart of the Christmas story
- Introduction and key themes of the Amos course
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- How should we respond to people begging?
- The truth about Jury Service
- 'There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there is nothing we can do to make God love us less'
- The five best books on Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement
- What age should you let your child watch or play a ‘12’ rated film or game?
- '12 Years a Slave' and the ambivalent role of religion
Use a keyword to search
Tag Archives: CS Lewis
I grew up in a Christian home as the son of a vicar. In retrospect it gave me loads of things that I am grateful for, but in many ways I disliked being the ‘vicar’s son’ in a large church. People … Continue reading
I have just finished reading C.S. Lewis: A Life. Eccentric Genius. Reluctant Prophet by Alistair McGrath. It is a brilliant book. McGrath writes as someone who truly understands the Oxbridge academic world in which Lewis spent his entire working life. As research, … Continue reading
What has Wm Paul Young, author of The Shack, got in common with EL James, author of record breaking series Fifty Shades of Grey? Well, for a start they have both sold millions of books. But also, both writers have … Continue reading
It was a great summer: the Jubilee, the London Olympics and my 40th birthday. The weather was not great but our family holiday in Costa Del Kent coincided with the hottest week of the year and my birthday picnic was only … Continue reading
Have you ever experienced that feeling when you only start to appreciate someone at work or at church when they announce they are leaving? I have been thinking this about Rowan Williams, who earlier this year announced he would be … Continue reading