- 990,502 visits
Currently most popular:
- The truth about Jury Service
- Introduction and key themes of the Amos course
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- 'There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there is nothing we can do to make God love us less'
- Bono on the difference between Grace and Karma
- What age should you let your child watch or play a ‘12’ rated film or game?
- No one can take steps for others on the hard road of recovery
- '12 Years a Slave' and the ambivalent role of religion
- When helping the homeless doesn't help (full article)
- How should we respond to people begging?
Use a keyword to search
Tag Archives: Christmas
‘I want to simplify your lives. When others are telling you to read more, I want to tell you to read less; when others are telling you to do more, I want to tell you to do less. The world … Continue reading
The Queen’s message, broadcast on Christmas Day was viewed by almost 8 million people this year. This meant it topped the Christmas viewing charts. In recent years, the Queen has been increasingly open about her Christian faith. This quote particularly struck me this … Continue reading
“I remember coming back from a very long tour…Got home for Christmas, very excited of being in Dublin. On Christmas Eve, I went to St Patrick’s Cathedral…it’s a kind of tradition on Christmas Eve to go but I had never been. … Continue reading
A few years ago one of my children was very worried about something, so I suggested that we pray together about it. We had talked a few times about how often the Bible says ‘Do not be afraid’ so we … Continue reading
Walking with the crowds, Carried along by the pressing forward. Each one eager to get ahead, but each one starting the same – born as a baby and from then on struggling towards meaning, power and influence. Be someone, Be … Continue reading
Originally posted on Resistance & Renewal:
In my view, It’s a Wonderful Life is not the best Christmas film ever. It is simply the best film ever, full stop. Released in 1946, the film focuses on the life of a…
Christmas is an important time for homeless projects and every year I speak briefly at a handful of concerts and services. This is (roughly) what I said at the beginning of the second half of Divertimento choir’s wonderful fundraising concert … Continue reading