- 967,722 visits
Currently most popular:
- Is it the Church's job to be the nation's paramedic? - by Andy Flannagan
- Bono on the difference between Grace and Karma
- Introduction and key themes of the Amos course
- The truth about Jury Service
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- We cannot pretend this violence has nothing to do with religion
- 'There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there is nothing we can do to make God love us less'
- What age should you let your child watch or play a ‘12’ rated film or game?
- 'Dethroning Mammon: making money serve grace' by Justin Welby - a review by Gordon Kuhrt
- The five best books on Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement
Use a keyword to search
Tag Archives: Begging
My recent article on Why Pope Francis is wrong about begging was re-posted on the popular Christian blog Psephizo and a number of church leaders commented on the challenge that this issue poses for them. It again reminded me of … Continue reading
This week I was at a church in central London, talking with the minister when a man came to the door asking for help. He explained that he was not from London but his wife had just been discharged from … Continue reading
Today, George Orwell is remembered as one of the most significant authors of the 20th century, mainly due to the literary and political impact of his most famous books, Animal Farm and 1984. But when Orwell moved to London in … Continue reading
For many people living or working in large cities, being asked for money is an everyday experience. It can often cause feelings of distress, guilt and confusion. What is the best way to respond to someone asking you for money? … Continue reading
A while ago I was talking with a woman on Baker Street in central London who was begging and said she was homeless. She obviously had some form of drug dependency and almost certainly some form of mental health problems. … Continue reading
I am at the Greenbelt festival this weekend and I am speaking in a debate on the following motion: ‘This house believes that giving money to people begging does more harm than good’. I’ll let you guess whether I am speaking … Continue reading