- 1,023,563 visits
Currently most popular:
- Cheap grace: theology which fails to safeguard the vulnerable
- What age should you let your child watch or play a ‘12’ rated film or game?
- The five best books on Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement
- Introduction and key themes of the Amos course
- Bono on the difference between Grace and Karma
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- The truth about Jury Service
- When helping the homeless doesn't help (full article)
- '12 Years a Slave' and the ambivalent role of religion
- How should we respond to people begging?
Use a keyword to search
Author Archives: Jon Kuhrt
At the moment the Church of England is being investigated by the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse. Initially the focus is into the safeguarding of children in Chichester diocese. This will be followed by a focus on the handling of … Continue reading
Christian distinctiveness in helping people who are homeless Many churches acknowledge the importance of helping people who are homeless. Nationwide there are over 100 Night Shelter networks and churches make up the vast majority of the venues. Also many of … Continue reading
This weekend, I was on the BBC1 programme Sunday Morning Live (see on BBC iPlayer, 24 mins in) discussing homelessness and begging. I was on the programme because I disagree with the view of journalist Matt Broomfield who believes people should give ‘directly … Continue reading
My daughter and I have just got back from WLM’s Sleep Out held last night in the grounds of St James’ Church, Piccadilly. It was an uplifting evening. 82 supporters gave up their bed for the night to sleep out and … Continue reading
Recently I was contacted by a Mum whose 5 year old daughter wanted to do something to help homeless people. What struck me was that their family situation is not at all easy – the daughter has additional needs and the … Continue reading