Today Many of us live A nation of strangers Aliens in cities, Trapped in societies Of rapid, social change. Constantly We face new problems With no clear answers. It’s not happened To us before. Nobody’s behaved like that before. We’ve got no tailor-made pattern. It’s an itsy-bitsy life. Let’s be quite clear, No comprehensive lifestyles No grand, universal designs Let’s not look for them. Rather Let’s get clear the tension Between heaven and earth, Between our visions Of God and the earth, And the tension Of fidelity to both. And in the tension Pray.
- 1,022,639 visits
Currently most popular:
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- Introduction and key themes of the Amos course
- 'There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there is nothing we can do to make God love us less'
- Bono on the difference between Grace and Karma
- When helping the homeless doesn't help (full article)
- Refugees - a poem by Brian Bilston
- Homelessness: have we lost our Christianity in our caring? 24th April, central London
- '12 Years a Slave' and the ambivalent role of religion
- The truth about Jury Service
- What age should you let your child watch or play a ‘12’ rated film or game?
Use a keyword to search