Today Many of us live A nation of strangers Aliens in cities, Trapped in societies Of rapid, social change. Constantly We face new problems With no clear answers. It’s not happened To us before. Nobody’s behaved like that before. We’ve got no tailor-made pattern. It’s an itsy-bitsy life. Let’s be quite clear, No comprehensive lifestyles No grand, universal designs Let’s not look for them. Rather Let’s get clear the tension Between heaven and earth, Between our visions Of God and the earth, And the tension Of fidelity to both. And in the tension Pray.
- 1,043,847 visits so far
Currently most popular:
- 'There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there is nothing we can do to make God love us less'
- Refugees - a poem by Brian Bilston
- How should our faith affect the way we live?
- What age should you let your child watch or play a ‘12’ rated film or game?
- Beauty arising from the ashes of despair - by James Mercer
- Bono on the difference between Grace and Karma
- Introduction and key themes of the Amos course
- The truth about Jury Service
- The five best books on Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement
- The Amos course
Use a keyword to search